Gilded
Saylamine
Hellen
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Minerals and You - Page 2 Empty Re: Minerals and You

Post by Violetta 27.05.10 15:22

Well, I should take a pic to show y'all. It may not even be a meteorite, I could be wrong - but I have looked up pics of meteorites online, and it looks similar. Mine is about 2 3/4". It's got lots of holes in it, some larger, some smaller, looks like a piece of swiss cheese. It's greyish in color. I've been collecting stones, coral, seashells for years...it looks nothing like anything else I have found.
Violetta
Violetta
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreiaLi 27.05.10 18:33

I'm very found of amethystes, lapis lazuli, hematite and black tourmaline. These rocks seem to calm me down when I need the most.
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 28.05.10 15:10

Amethyst, rose quartz, bloodstone, lapis lazuli, carnelian and citrine are among my favorites, but I love all stones. I was the little girl that played with rocks, and ran through the woods barefoot. Smile
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 28.05.10 17:28

Daniel09 wrote:I wanted to display my newest purchase. I worked this last weekend at a Pow Wow, where Indians and people interested in them gather to kinda celebrate the roots. Anyway, while there, I bought a blue tiger eye I liked, and this amethyst pendant. It caught my eye and I like it a lot:

The necklace.
https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/varemia/IMG_3343.jpg

Me wearing it.
https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/varemia/IMG_3345.jpg

That was a nice pice Smile
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Violetta 28.05.10 17:46

Wow, that's really nice!!! Smile
Violetta
Violetta
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleina 05.06.10 22:14

I have recently been working with clear quartz, focusing on that crystal for a while now. It seems to be much easier to wield than amethyst. Does anyone know why this is?
Aleina
Aleina
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-10-25

http://www.twitter.com/AleinaTheBitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 06.06.10 16:02

Aleina wrote:I have recently been working with clear quartz, focusing on that crystal for a while now. It seems to be much easier to wield than amethyst. Does anyone know why this is?
I am not sure why, but I have noticed the same. Amethyst is amazing and soothing, but far harder to master and control when it comes to manipulate and amplify its energy.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3051
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleina 06.06.10 16:41

Jonathan wrote:
Aleina wrote:I have recently been working with clear quartz, focusing on that crystal for a while now. It seems to be much easier to wield than amethyst. Does anyone know why this is?
I am not sure why, but I have noticed the same. Amethyst is amazing and soothing, but far harder to master and control when it comes to manipulate and amplify its energy.

It is also hard, with amethyst, to meditate properly and use it to heal yourself. But with clear quartz is extremely simple once you get the hang of it. Amethyst seems to be so very complex in terms of energy. No wonder why Asetians love it.
Aleina
Aleina
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-10-25

http://www.twitter.com/AleinaTheBitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Mekhet 28.10.20 17:24

I love my amethysts, I have a few thumb sized clusters. I find I'm drawn to labradorite most of the time, as well as moonstone. Recently I bought a large piece of obsidian and it looks perfect for a scrying mirror. I never scryed with obsidian before, so I'll update you if you want to know how it went.

I have a cherished piece of moldavite with a certificate of authenticity (thank the gods), and a tekitie which kinda looks like a crow skull. Hmmm.... I need to invest in more grounding stones. I have two ammonite stones that do the trick but a little more would hurt. I've noticed some stones work better with others, like people.
Mekhet
Mekhet
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Skotia 28.10.20 18:33

I get excellent results with obsidian, although I use a large sphere instead of a mirror but the applications are similar. It's also an ideal choice as a chthonic gateway.
Selene Skotia
Selene Skotia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2020-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 28.10.20 21:34

Nice, I see this thread is revived.

I wonder where Aghrab ever went.

My favorite mineral is the obvious amethyst, but I also work very well with clear quartz. For some reason, that calls to me quite strongly. I am also a huge fan of hematite and enjoy working with my large sphere of it. Sometimes it gives me headaches though, if I am not careful. Garnet has also become a recent favorite, one that I resonate with deeply.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1625
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 29.10.20 3:34

Obsidian, amethyst and selenite. Those are the ones I work with most at the moment, but maybe not at the same time, though, as I feel they have rather conflicting frequencies when taken together all at once. But they are good for cleansing and purification, I think, at least obsidian, in terms of promoting and facilitating shadow work, and sucking out negative energies, and selenite for cleansing other energies like a nearly infinite battery that doesn't often seem to need to be recharged, and amethyst for transmutation of energies or their transformation into a higher shape. That said, I don't use crystals a whole lot, though, but at certain times I do. They come in handy in energy work, however, as stabilizers of a certain energy frequency, different as it may be depending upon crystal, as I was recommended by a friend some time ago. I don't know why I've neglected their use for so long... maybe because I was hesitant about using outside technologies for my own work, like a weakness of relying upon that instead and diminishing your own reliance upon internal power, but now I see no issue with it. Humans have used technology throughout the ages and that's one big part of what characterizes humanity as well, so if physically, why not spiritually too? If my same reasoning about spirituality would be extrapolated to physical matters, humanity would never have even entered the stone age in theory... but I don't know if that holds for a sufficient comparison at all... Razz
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2