Silent Reflection on Silence

5 posters

Go down

Silent Reflection on Silence Empty Silent Reflection on Silence

Post by Lynskha 06.07.24 9:11

I had a quick reflection today as I briefly passed through here and reread some posts that had resurfaced from the past. I found myself thinking about myself, and I couldn't help but think about others here whom I've known for many years.

When I first joined this community many years ago, I used to be more active. I wrote a lot, devoured the posts, but mostly I was an avid writer. Often, I was anxious and eager to share something. I'm happy that I was able to contribute with some things, but on the other hand, I realize the great "noise" that existed within me, which was quickly externalized.

Back then, there were already members here who had been around longer, and they were always more reserved and composed. I don't know if this was due to their nature and personality or if it was also because of the years, the passage of time, and the maturity that it brings.

Today, I find myself much less active and more silent. In part, I believe it's the weight of the years that has brought me the fatigue of everyday life, making me more selective about where I spend my time and energy. But I also believe it's a bit of the maturity that time and experiences bring, whether those experiences were good or not so good. Everything teaches us, and I've become quieter, especially as I realize how much I don't know.

I used to feel knowledgeable about many things, thinking it was just a matter of adding, evolving, and growing. But I got a big reality check and a hard fall as I increasingly saw how little I knew. I'm learning slowly, rereading, perceiving, and accepting.

This reflection is also about noticing that many here, whom I’ve known for a long time, have also changed. They've matured, and there’s a certain "calmness," moments of greater silence, and more focused conversations. Although on Discord, I must admit we have a lot of fun with interactions, and that has created a bond that feels very good and pleasant. Family.

But it's very gratifying for me to see that, in some way, I’ve changed and learned and continue to learn a lot with Asetianism and the Primordial Dragon Tradition. These teachings and organic learnings transform us in every way.

The community might be more "silent" now, and some of us feel nostalgic for more active times. However, I believe this is like waves, periods, and phases where contributions come and go. The "weight" with which they emerge, the precise words, and the enriching content are all results of this maturity.

It's also about choosing what is worthwhile to write, post, and discuss.

Em Hotep.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Silent Reflection on Silence Empty Re: Silent Reflection on Silence

Post by Lynskha 06.07.24 9:13

*Em Hotep
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 06.07.24 9:24

I enjoyed reading this, Lyn. Thank you for sharing. Em Hotep.
Hail the Triad! Hail the Primordial Dragon!

…….Also, Discord is life. It’s the place to beeee. Very Happy
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1625
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 06.07.24 10:38

That's a wise point, Lyn, something I can relate to a lot too. That externalization of noise. Silence is truly a deeper wisdom. Also what you say about knowing much. The reality check is crucial. One has to be honest for it to occur and drop the mask of pretension or one's banner of ignorance.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1343
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 06.07.24 11:50

This was an interesting post and you raise important aspects, although I can also add that there is nothing wrong when you or others wish to be more active and participant. That generates energy, passion and engagement that brings people together, which is also very important in my opinion.

You express also great praise about the Discord server, which seems to be unanimous from everyone as I keep hearing over and over how such a great place among greatly experienced occultists that is. This community and Current has never been more alive and strong! You mentioned the bonds there, that it's a place of Family, and that alone make me think that Nadia and all members there must be doing an amazing work that honors the Tradition, because ultimately that is what Asetianism truly is, an unbreakable Family with bonds that humans can’t comprehend.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3051
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata 09.07.24 22:19

Em Hotep. The years have passed by so quickly, it seems like mere seconds in the sands of time. I recollect your original fervent writings. Regardless of how involved those in the community seem to be, or not be, we all are connected as family. I like to say there is a time and a place for everything, and of course the mundane aspects of life that occupy a lot of time can be a distraction here and there. In the end, what matters is having a sincere heart and mind. What I personally enjoy about the Discord server is that it allows users to connect regularly, like a family. There is a great blend of seriousness and banter, perfectly balanced. It's like a house where family gathers to share, build, and evolve.
Sinata
Sinata
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 12.07.24 11:22

I love seeing such positive words being spoken about our server. It is very much a Home, a place of empowerment where the haters only become fodder for the higher minds and serious students. It is a major blessing to the community, and I’m not sure where we would all be without the Strength of our selfless leaders.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1625
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: