Ancient Sumer

3 posters

Go down

Ancient Sumer Empty Ancient Sumer

Post by Daniel09 08.07.09 22:47

First, a forward about my last post. Please ignore anything I said that night, as I honestly don't know what state of mind I was in. It's a little vague in my memory anyway, I just remember feeling like I had achieved the effect I desired or something. I really don't know. But I just wanted to kinda clear that up before I started this topic, because it would seem rather silly to continue posting in knowledge of my last words on the forum, without explaining that I simply have days where I apparently lose my mind. No idea what causes it...

Anyway, onto the subject that has become interesting to me. Ancient Sumer. I have noticed in many ways, Ancient Egypt has some similar attributes as Sumeria, and I was curious what was known about this. The Asetian Bible doesn't appear to speak of many other places than Kemet, and when it does, they appear to be under the influence of Seth.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Ancient Sumer Empty Re: Ancient Sumer

Post by Syrianeh 09.07.09 0:20

Welcome back, Daniel.

From what I know, though I am not very knowledgeable on this subject, is that Sumerian culture influenced Ancient Egypt firstly because of proximity and secondly because of the trading and commerce that happened between both lands. Sumerians were also the "inventors" of writing with their cuneiform symbols, and this had a clear effect on the development of Egyptian Hyeroglyphs.

This said, I look forward to what others have to say.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 09.07.09 0:35

Daniel wrote:
it would seem rather silly to continue posting in knowledge of my last words on the forum, without explaining that I simply have days where I apparently lose my mind. No idea what causes it...

That is age and inexperience Daniel, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The fact that you have returned with an intelliegent post shows something encouraging indeed. Welcome back. Surprised

As for the connections you mentioned, you are right. The Sumerian influence was very widespread across the entire Middle East, due to trading and such like as Syrianeh says.
Many religious influences also linger still in christian, judeo and islamic traditions today.
As for Egypt, although there are many obvious similarities - such as their cosmogony, literature, rituals etc - Egypt is still undeniably Egyptian and as such, developed on it's own despite any outside early influence.

I am by no means an expert though, lets hope some more knowledgeable members add their thoughts.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: