Pre-ritual fasting

+2
Aghrab
Victor
6 posters

Go down

Pre-ritual fasting Empty Pre-ritual fasting

Post by Syrianeh 29.09.08 1:07

Hello all. I'm wondering if someone can tell me of a fasting protocol / procedure for rituals. I am planning to do one on Oct. 10th and I want to do some fasting the days before. Only thing is, it has to be reasonable as I have to come to work every morning and be at least a bit productive...
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Pre-ritual fasting Empty Re: Pre-ritual fasting

Post by Victor 29.09.08 5:46

If it is an important ritual I find an important thing to eat only natural and mostly raw foods for at least a week prior to the ritual, together with much plain water during the day.
As for the day prior to the ritual and the ritual day itself, avoid any food and keep your organism running on natural water only.
It is not important to have any complex fasting schedule, as long as it is strict enough to release the toxins and to increase energy flow in the system.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 29.09.08 6:23

Victor wrote:If it is an important ritual I find an important thing to eat only natural and mostly raw foods for at least a week prior to the ritual, together with much plain water during the day.
As for the day prior to the ritual and the ritual day itself, avoid any food and keep your organism running on natural water only.
It is not important to have any complex fasting schedule, as long as it is strict enough to release the toxins and to increase energy flow in the system.

Thank you, this is just what I thought. Thanks
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 11.10.08 21:17

I have found it is best to fast one day before the day of the ritual and also on the day, as Victor said, although only if your body is capable of handling that long without food. Trying to keep your system running on only water on those days will not only give you a sense of cleanness in a way, but also makes you more sensitive towards energy.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 27.11.08 16:00

Greetings.

I agree with Aghrab concerning energy sensitivity. Fasting makes you really sensitive to energy, if you really feel hunger. If you are fasting without feeling any hunger, it will do no good. At least this is my personal experience. I can be a whole day without feeling the need to eat. Only after I wake up the other day the effects are really present. Weak body is needed. The concept is really simple.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 27.11.08 16:04

Yet another thing to point out.

Another helpful tool is not sleeping. This can also have good effects, if you are able to keep relatively high levels of energy. Actually, this tool is much more helpful than people might think. If this measure is taken for an extended period (not recommended alone), and if led the right way, it can have really worthy energetic and spiritual effects.

Best regards.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 28.11.08 1:59

This is interesting. Thank you for pointing it out. But how long would this sleep deprivation last? one day, two, three? I know that lack of sleep, once you get past the stage of drowsiness, takes you to a point where you are almost at the threshold of the conscious and the unconscious, and it is almost like walking inside a hazey dreamstate where you might be perceptive to both the earthly and the subtle. But on the other hand, you lack in other skills that an alert state would provide. I suppose it takes a balance of different things.

All in all it seems that in preparation for a ritual the key is "abstinence": fasting, chastity and lack of sleep. This would all contribute to a thorough purification.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 28.11.08 10:54

Yes, this subject interests me greatly thanks everyone
More posts please Very Happy
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 29.11.08 8:40

Karnath,

Being a musician, do you apply any of these ritualistic practices towards making music or use music in any ritualistic ways?

Of course anyone else should comment too if they wish

Em hotep,
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 06.12.08 9:11

Ankhhape wrote:Karnath,

Being a musician, do you apply any of these ritualistic practices towards making music or use music in any ritualistic ways?

Of course anyone else should comment too if they wish

Em hotep,
Ankhhape
I believe those techniques, like most practices of high metaphysics, can and should be applied in creative artistic endeavours. Writing, painting, composing... all can benefit from the secret lost arts of the occult.

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down