+2
Victor
Troublemaker
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Asetian Disclaimer - Page 2 Empty Re: The Asetian Disclaimer

Post by Maxx 11.12.14 18:13

perception is everything, as you say you are learning.
morals are cultural--- completely. Evil can be applied to some degree also as cultural. And no such thing as white magic or black magic. Only magic.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 11.12.14 18:15

Victor..... very much in agreement on that. I see it all the time.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 11.12.14 21:22

Maybe people are making incorrect assumptions about Asetians as opposed to Sethians because of the break in silence. It might take a little more digging to learn about the Sethians due to their lack of a published work... so people are taking things at face value, perhaps only skimming the AB (if at all). There are two sides to every story... but people seem to romanticize the immortal war between them... Asetians being good, Sethians being evil... maybe because they aren't ready to accept darkness within themselves. Culturally... there is always the theme of good forces battling against evil forces. Easier for the common mind to understand, maybe? Because when both forces that happen to be warring with each other contain darkness and light... it becomes harder to pin them down and put them into easily-recognizable, pretty little boxes. They might think, subconsciously... quick, label this thing you don't understand before it forces you to think. I know this because I used to be this way... deeply ignorant to what was going on around me and especially in my own head. I'm glad that seems to have changed.

Things become complicated when both forces are multi-faceted. Most don't like "complicated" in this way... especially here in the U.S... where the ability to do research and apply common sense seem to be superpowers.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1625
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 12.12.14 2:05

For Sethians, Asetians are The bad guys. What a Face mainly now with the new era of the Serpent.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 12.12.14 18:00

It is funny... as already discussed numerous times, both Asetians and Sethians seem to be the "bad guys" to the rest of the ignorant world...

Oddly enough, I have found unshakable proof of the danger of the AB. Once you find that inner strength, it seems to become a thousand times easier to attract adversity and enemies, people who like to knock others down and condemn what they don't understand... Once someone decides to truly follow Asetianism in their own hearts... they are tested with fire...

And then it remains to be seen if they will rise from the ashes or be pulled down by oblivion...

Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1625
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 12.12.14 18:33

Rhea Kaye wrote:Oddly enough, I have found unshakable proof of the danger of the AB.  Once you find that inner strength, it seems to become a thousand times easier to attract adversity and enemies, people who like to knock others down and condemn what they don't understand... Once someone decides to truly follow Asetianism in their own hearts... they are tested with fire...

And then it remains to be seen if they will rise from the ashes or be pulled down by oblivion...

That's very true. I have found that to be precisely accurate. Proven by experience!

Asetianism gives birth to mighty warriors and wise sages but it destroys many along the way.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3051
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 14.12.14 16:11

Jonathan wrote:Asetianism gives birth to mighty warriors and wise sages but it destroys many along the way.

Very well said. I Liked.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 30.11.17 16:25

I was wondering about somethings today and I came across this topic. This part has an interesting analogy.

This is probably a laughable analogy, but I almost see it like in the first Matrix movie... some people aren't ready to have their plugs pulled, and if they are awakened before they are ready, the experience can be severe, traumatic, and potentially damaging. Couple this with an Asetian's mentioned predisposition toward unbalance and chaos, and it might be an extremely delicate, dangerous situation. I find this subject to be very interesting... because it seems almost as if people *generally* think unawakened Asetians might just gravitate toward the AB and everything will just be fine after reading it, as if they are surfacing rapidly from the dream that is their current life away from their family. But it seems to me that situations can be... more messy sometimes

This made me remember about this part in Dion Fortune's book -the Mystical Qabalah".

"28. But this is not the only test which the mystic has to face; it is required of him that he shall fufil the requirements of the planes of form before he is free to commence his withdrawal and escape from form. There is a Left-hand Path that leads to Kether, the Kether of the Qliphoth, which is the Kingdom of Chaos. If he embarks upon the Mystic Path prematurely it is thither he goes, and not to the Kingdom of Light. To the man who is naturally of the Mystic Path the discipline of form is uncongenial, and it is the subtlest of temptations to abandon the struggle with the life of form that resists his mastery and
retreat back up the planes before the nadir has been rounded and the lessons of form have been learnt. Form is the matrix in which the fluidic consciousness is held till it acquires an organisation proof against dispersal; till it becomes a nucleus of individuality differentiated out of the amorphous sea of pure being. If the matrix be broken too soon, before the fluidic consciousness had become set as an organised system of stresses stereotyped by repetition, consciousness settles back again into formlessness, even as the clay returns to mud if freed from the supporting restraint of the mould before it has set. If there is a mystic whose mysticism produces mundane incapacity or any form of dissociation of consciousness, we know that the mould had been broken too soon for him, and he must return to the discipline of form until its lesson has been learnt and his consciousness has attained a coherent and cohesive organisation that not even Nirvana can disrupt. Let him hew wood and carry water in the service of the Temple if he will, but let him not profane its holy place with his pathologies and immaturities. "

Time and Patience, an open mind to understand many things, specially that it is important to experience some things, not trying to jump necessary steps...
Hard, very hard to apply this sometimes...

Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.11.17 19:01

A very good find. You are certainly doing your homework like no one I have ever seen come through here. Congrats
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 01.12.17 7:15

Hi Maxx. Thanks for your words. I enjoy being able to read, study. It is somehow interesting that sometimes we read something, and later we can link to other things, or just much later they make sense.

This is one thing that points the real importance of time and patience to mature things.

I am learning, the hard way, to understand that. Little by little things come at their pace, and trying to rush things will only bring an incomplete result, or something formless.

This seems dangerous, as we can fall in those traps of believing we already know, mastered something.

Let him hew wood and carry water in the service of the Temple if he will

The hard work in the material plan. The construction of the base. The form.

Enter the form to get out through the form.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 01.12.17 7:30

I was thinking about another interesting yesterday related to Aset Ka teachings. The way it is presented, and how it brings the understanding that A True Path is the one that shows that what we need is inside us.

By somehow, looking all the time for "masters, teachers, guides" maybe, we can lose ourselves, by just reflecting what the others are saying, teaching, or experiencing, and that won't represent our view, as it can be affected and distorted, many times not intentionally.

Especially for those with a high level of empathy, and that are affected by the surroundings, this can be something that would prevent a true and real view of the teachings.

I believe that it is important to have maturity and a strong opinion, but we know that we still, are affected by everything. It is hard to shield from the world.

I see that when we bring the understanding from inside to outside, we can live it, feel it.

But I also find interesting, that , in order to be able to notice that we are affected and influencied by others sayings, or that we are concerned with others opinion, we actually have to go through it. So, this is also that makes me remember Luis Marques words, about even from bad experiences, opinion, wrong turns, paths that are not quite the one that suits us, but even from all of these, we can learn, because we learn through experience.

It is important, it is not someone saying what we should do, it is not someone taking us by the hand. It is hard, because we walk, we trip, we fall.. but we feel and we know.

And today I woke up with this sentence in mind

Master your own being
Being your own Master.

=)
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down