Opinions on being called a "Vampire"?

4 posters

Go down

Opinions on being called a "Vampire"? Empty Opinions on being called a "Vampire"?

Post by Consiliarius 15.06.24 16:48

I've noticed that in a lot of various occult communities of less concealed or secretive origins such as TST, The Temple of Set, or other lesser known ones tend to consider people who practice vampirism or vampiric magick to be called Vampires. Do you really call yourselves that or is that just a term that scared villagers in the dark ages made up to categorize a stereotypical myth surrounding you from your perspectives? I'm new to vampirism so I don't know too much about this.
Consiliarius
Consiliarius
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2024-06-13

Back to top Go down

Opinions on being called a "Vampire"? Empty Re: Opinions on being called a "Vampire"?

Post by Jonathan 15.06.24 18:15

It's just a word. It holds different meanings to different people. Vampires in the sense as represented in fiction don't exist and the ones from historical folklore are just that. The vampirism we deal with in here is something of a metaphysical and spiritual nature. It's tied to very advanced magickal arts. I suggest reading some of the more legitimate literature as it will make it far more clear what the word means to initiates of these traditions and how it differs from both the fictional take as well as the new age version often adopted by role-players, the whole goth crowd with fake fangs, which we strongly avoid associating with.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3051
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Opinions on being called a "Vampire"? Empty Re: Opinions on being called a "Vampire"?

Post by Consiliarius 15.06.24 18:18

Thanks for the insight. I also noticed that quite a few people here compare Asetians to humans. Are Asetians not human in a way or something of that sort? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm extremely new to this path and have a lot of weird questions like this so I apologize.
Consiliarius
Consiliarius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 15.06.24 19:50

Asetians are an otherkin bloodline originated with the Goddess Aset (in Greek Isis) from Kemet, the days of old in Ancient Egypt. They're spiritually inhuman. It'll make a lot more sense as you delve deeper into the tradition and its study. That's also why vampirism is such a much more higher and obscure concept than what we find in fiction or folklore as Jonathan explained. Or it's a part of the reason; these arts and its initiatory magick were foremostly pioneered by the Asetians. It serves as a paradigm of predatory spirituality and a deeper grasp upon the fabric of life and death. It might appear elusive and it is safeguarded behind much initiation.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Consiliarius 15.06.24 22:00

When you say "bloodline" do you mean I have to be born into it to become an Asetian?
Consiliarius
Consiliarius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by eternal24 16.06.24 4:15

It's complicated. It is a bloodline of the soul, which may or may not have anything to do with physical bloodline. There is a sacred ritual that can be performed to "turn" somebody, but I understand it just isn't done much, if at all anymore. The Asetian Bible explains what a rare honor it is for a human to even be considered for an apprentice and that studies of Asetianism could go on for lifetimes before said ritual is even considered. You should find that most people here call themselves Asetianists, which is distinct from Asetian. We study and practice Asetianism, which is an ancient tradition. That does not necessarily include practicing vampiric feeding techniques, but it can. If there are any here present who are Asetians, they wouldn't disclose that publicly, and you should regard any such claims from anyone with heavy skepticism.
eternal24
eternal24
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down